The monsoon season brings with it the refreshing scent of rain and a cool respite from the scorching summer heat. However, it also presents a challenge when it comes to maintaining a flawless makeup look. The constant threat of rain showers and humidity can easily ruin your carefully applied makeup. But fret not! Here, we will share expert’s approved monsoon makeup tips that are specifically tailored for Indian skin tones. With these ultimate hacks, you'll be able to create a waterproof makeup look that lasts throughout the rainy season.
List of contents
- 7+ Monsoon Makeup Tips For Every Indian Skin Tone
- Prep your skin with an oil-free moisturizer
- Use a lightweight foundation for a natural finish
- Set makeup with powder for a non-greasy finish
- Waterproof your eyes to prevent smudging
- Opt for long-lasting lip colors for non-sticky lips
- Embrace waterproof products for a rain-resistant makeup look
- Don't forget your brows to enhance the overall makeup look
- Opt for a water-resistant primer for an oil-free look
- Seal your makeup with a waterproof setting spray
- 5 Ultimate Hacks to wear makeup in monsoon season
- Use a makeup setting spray
- Blotting papers are your best friend
- Opt for cream-based products
- Avoid heavy contouring
- Keep it minimal
- Wrapping up
7+ Monsoon Makeup Tips For Every Indian Skin Tone
Your wish has been granted! These Makeup Tips for Monsoon Season will be the ultimate toolkit to feel and look your best this rainy season. Have a look!
1. Prep your skin with an oil-free moisturizer
Before applying any makeup, it's crucial to prepare your skin for the monsoon season to provide a desirable canvas. This is also one of our favorite Monsoon Beauty Tips.
How to prep your skin with a oil-free moisturizer?
- Before applying any makeup, it's crucial to prepare your skin for the monsoon season. This is also one of our favorite Monsoon Makeup Tips
- Cleanse your face thoroughly to remove any impurities, and follow it up with a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer.
- This will help create a smooth canvas for your makeup application.
2. Use a lightweight foundation for a natural finish
Heavy foundations can feel sticky and uncomfortable in hot and humid weather. It is a better option to go with a lightweight foundation. So, a light foundation is the best choice.
How to use a lightweight foundation for a natural finish?
- During the monsoon season, heavy and full-coverage foundations can feel greasy and cakey.
- Opt for a lightweight, water-based foundation that provides a natural finish. This will allow your skin to breathe and prevent your makeup from melting off in the humidity.
3. Set makeup with powder for a non-greasy finish
To ensure your makeup stays in place, set it with a translucent powder. This will help absorb excess moisture and oil, keeping your foundation intact.
How to set makeup with powder for a non-greasy finish?
- To ensure your makeup stays in place, set it with a translucent powder. This will help absorb excess moisture and oil, keeping your foundation intact.
- Focus on the T-zone and areas prone to oiliness to prevent any unwanted shine.
- We recommend DE'LANCI Matte Loose Powder for flawless coverage and non greasy finish.
4. Waterproof your eyes to prevent smudging
Invest in good waterproof mascara and eyeliner to prevent smudging and smearing. This will keep the makeup light and natural looking.
How to waterproof your eyes to prevent smudging?
- Opt for smudge-proof and long-lasting formulas that can withstand the monsoon showers.
- Additionally, consider using a waterproof eyeshadow primer to prevent creasing and ensure your eye makeup stays intact. This is also one of the most important monsoon wedding makeup tips. Come across our step-by-step guide: How to apply liquid eyeshadow on Indian skin.
5. Opt for long-lasting lip colors for non-sticky lips
We know how much your love your lip glosses but they can make your lips feel sticky in monsoon season. Be a smart girl and opt for lightweight matte formulas.
How to opt for long-lasting lip colors for non-sticky lips?
- Choose lipsticks that have long-lasting matte formulas such as DE'LANCI Aesthetics Matte Lipstick.
- These tend to have better staying power compared to glossy or creamy finishes.
- Additionally, you can apply a lip liner before your lipstick to enhance its longevity and prevent feathering. Otherwise, learn how to apply matte lipsticks without cracks on Indian skin for a complete lip makeover.
6. Embrace waterproof products for a rain-resistant makeup look
During the monsoon season, it's crucial to use waterproof versions of your favorite makeup products. Consider this as one of the most crucial Monsoon Makeup Tips.
How to embrace waterproof products for a rain-resistant makeup look?
- During the monsoon season, it's crucial to use waterproof versions of your favorite makeup products. Consider this as one of the most crucial Monsoon Beauty Tips.
- Waterproof foundations, concealers, blushes, and eyeshadows are your best friends when it comes to creating a rain-resistant makeup look.
- These products are specially designed to withstand moisture and keep your makeup in place even during heavy downpours.
7. Don't forget your brows to enhance the overall makeup look
In our collection of Monsoon Beauty Tips, brows hold a special place. Well-groomed eyebrows can make a significant difference to your overall makeup look.
How to don’t forget your brows to enhance your overall makeup look?
- Well-groomed eyebrows can make a significant difference to your overall makeup look.
- Opt for a waterproof eyebrow pencil or powder to fill in any sparse areas and shape your brows.
- Set them with a clear or waterproof brow gel to ensure they stay put throughout the day.
8. Opt for a water-resistant primer for an oil-free look
Using a water-resistant primer is a game-changer when it comes to creating a waterproof makeup look. It locks in the products and gives a silk like finish.
How to opt for a water-resistant primer for an oil-free look?
- Look for a primer that has a silicone or oil-free formula, as this help create a barrier between your skin and the moisture.
- Apply it before your foundation to ensure your makeup stays put even during heavy rain showers.
9. Seal your makeup with a waterproof setting spray
To maximize the longevity of your makeup in the monsoon season, consider using a waterproof setting spray as the final step in your routine. It is one of the most popular Monsoon Makeup Tips.
How to seal your makeup with a waterproof setting spray?
- This will lock in your makeup and create a protective shield against humidity and rain.
- A few spritzes of a high-quality waterproof setting spray can make a significant difference in the durability of your makeup.
5 Ultimate Hacks to Wear Makeup in Monsoon Season
Now that we are done with mind blowing Monsoon Beauty Tips, let’s indulge in some hacks that can make applying makeup in the monsoon season a breeze.
1. Use a makeup setting spray
A good makeup setting spray can work wonders in keeping your makeup intact. Look for a setting spray specifically formulated for humid weather. It will help seal your makeup, prevent it from melting, and provide a refreshing mist on your skin. This hack is often seen in conversations discussing monsoon wedding makeup tips.
2. Blotting papers are your best friend
Keep a pack of blotting papers in your bag to combat excess oil and shine caused by humidity. Gently blot your face whenever you feel oily, without disturbing your makeup. This will help maintain a fresh and matte appearance throughout the day.
3. Opt for cream-based products
Cream-based products, such as cream blushes and highlighters, are ideal for monsoon makeup. They blend seamlessly into the skin and have better longevity compared to powder formulas. Additionally, cream-based products tend to give a natural and dewy finish, perfect for the rainy season.
4. Avoid heavy contouring
Heavy contouring can appear overly dramatic and unnatural during the monsoon season when the focus is on maintaining a fresh and light makeup look. Instead, if you're interested in how to do nose contouring, consider opting for a subtle bronzer or a tinted moisturizer to add warmth to your complexion without weighing it down.
5. Keep it minimal
In the monsoon season, less is more. Embrace a minimalistic approach to your makeup routine. Opt for a natural, dewy look with lightweight products that enhance your features rather than masking them. Focus on a radiant complexion, defined brows, and a touch of mascara to create a fresh and effortless look that can withstand the rain.
Creating a waterproof makeup look during the monsoon season doesn't have to be a daunting task. By following these monsoon makeup tips tailored for Indian skin tones ensure that your makeup stays intact. With these ultimate hacks, you can confidently step out during the rainy season while maintaining your flawless makeup. So go ahead, enjoy the monsoon showers, and let your waterproof makeup do all the talking! In the excitement, don’t forget to share your makeup experience with us in the comments.