Are you looking for the Indian skin tone chart? Well, that’s good. But do you know, why is it important to learn types of complexion and various Indian skin tone shades? Many of you would be looking to select the best makeup product shade for you, and some of you just for knowledge. Whether you are buying a clothing item or a makeup product, the first and basic thing you should know is your skin tone. There are people with different types of complexion in India. Before we start with the actual topic, it is essential to know about the skin tones and undertones. Without any delay let’s move ahead.
What is skin tone and its undertone?
The color of the skin’s surface is the skin tone. And, it is specified as per the skin’s undertone. Now, what is a skin undertone?
Skin undertone is different from the actual skin tone, it is the underlying skin color that defines the actual skin tone of your body. You will be wondering what type of skin undertones are there? They are three, namely:
- Warm Undertone: The colors in the warm undertone are yellow, peach, and golden tones.
- Cool Undertone: The colors in the cool undertone are blues, purples, and greens.
- Neutral Undertone: When you have a mixture of both warm and cool undertones, you have a neutral undertone.
FYI: 70% of Indians have a warm undertone, and the rest 30% have either neutral or cool undertones.
Now, as you know what is skin tone and undertone, it’s time to figure out
How to know your skin undertone?
How to understand your skin undertone? Well, there are different tests that you can do at home to know the skin undertone. Don’t worry, it won’t require any needles or harmful tools, just your body and your attention.
#1: Wrist Test
Hold your wrist straight and check the color of your veins. If it is blue or purple, then you have a cool undertone. But, if the vein color is green, then you have a warm undertone. And if there are both colors in the veins or it is hard to figure out the color, then you have a neutral undertone.
#2: Sunburn Test
If standing under the sun makes your skin tan without any burning sensation, you have a neutral or warm undertone. However, if you feel a burning sensation and your skin turns red, then you have a cool undertone.
#3: Jewelry Test
If gold jewelry suits you well, you have a warm undertone, and if silver suits you the best you have a cool undertone. But, if both silver and gold jewelry looks better on you then you are blessed with a neutral skin tone.
#4: Eye and Hair Color Test
The one with brown, amber, and hazel eyes with black or blonde hair has a warm undertone. And the one with blue, gray, or green eyes with black or brown hair has a cool undertone. But if you have a mixture of both then it is a neutral undertone.
#5: The Color Test
This one is the simplest. If warm colors like red, yellow, orange, etc look good on you, you have a warm undertone. Your undertone is cool if colors like blue, green, purple, etc. suit well on you. However, if you look good in all colors, you have neutral undertones.
Having said that, let’s know
Different Types of Skin Tone and Indian Skin Tone Chart
When we talk about Indian skin tone, the color is referred to as wheatish tone. The Indian skin tone is a little bit of gold and yellowish shade. And when we say wheatish color, it manifests the color tone from yellow to light brown.
There are people with fair skin as well. In India, the skin tone depends on the region you live in. Why? Mostly because of the climatic conditions. People in the northern area have fair skin, whereas people living in the south mostly have darker skin.
Why did I say mostly? Because that’s not the case with everyone. We all know that skin tone is something that is related to genes. Many stretched DNAs coupling up also decide your skin color.
So, what are the different skin tones that we find in India? Below we have attached the Indian skin tone chart with skin color name. And after that, we explained a little bit about the Indian skin tone chart.
As we mentioned above, the cool undertone skin will burn and not tan, however, the warm undertone will tan and not burn. If you look at the image, it is pretty clear which are the warm, cool, and neutral undertones. The 12 skin tones mentioned in the image are the perfect Indian skin tone.
- Warm Ivory, Sand, Warm Beige, Honey, Golden, and Chestnut are warm undertones.
- Porcelain, Ivory, Beige, and Almond are cool undertones.
- Natural and Espresso are neutral undertones.
So, this guide helped you in understanding the different Indian skin tones and how to recognize yours. Also, Checkout the eye makeup guide for beginners. Stay tuned to De’Lanci for more information on the makeup industry and its products. Don’t forget to look at the range of our highlighter, blusher, and eyeshadow palettes. Our product development team is working hard to create a new product every time that is skin tone friendly as well.