Step-by-Step Guide: How to Apply Liquid Lipstick on Indian Skin
Liquid lipstick has become a staple in every Indian makeup lover's collection. With its long-lasting formula and vibrant colors, it's no wonder why liquid lipstick has gained popularity over the years. However, applying liquid lipstick can be tricky, especially if you have Indian skin. Indian skin tends to have warm undertones, so finding the perfect shade of liquid lipstick can be challenging. Here, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to apply liquid lipstick on Indian skin.
Table of contents
- What is Liquid Lipstick?
- Step by Step Guide for How to Apply Liquid Lipstick on Indian Skin
- Step 1: Prep your lips
- Step 2: Line your lips
- Step 3: Apply the liquid lipstick
- Step 4:Choose the correct shade for your Indian skin tone.
- Step 5: Clean up any mistakes
- Step 6: Let the liquid lipstick dry
- Step 7: Blot and set
- 6+ Pro Tips to Wear Liquid Lipstick
- Touch up as needed
- Remove gently
- Avoid Touching Your Lips
- Create an ombre effect
- Use concealer as a lip primer
- Mix lipstick shades
- Use lipstick as blush
- Wrapping up
What is Liquid Lipstick?
Liquid lipstick is a type of lipstick that comes in a liquid form and dries down to a matte or semi-matte finish. It is designed to provide a long-lasting and smudge-proof color that stays for hours. Liquid lipsticks market size in 2021 was USD 2,520.0 Million which clearly shows the love of lipsticks. For Indian skin, liquid lipstick is a perfect choice providing intense pigmentation and long-lasting stay withstanding the hot and humid climate. For people struggling with questions such as how to apply liquid lipstick without cracks, we have got all the answers.
Step by Step Guide for How to Apply Liquid Lipstick on Indian Skin
Gear up to learn How to Apply Liquid Lipstick and how it can compliment your Indian skin tone step-by-step. We’ll be guiding you through the process of wearing lipstick in a detailed manner.
Step 1: Prep your lips
Before applying any lipstick, it's essential to prepare your lips. This makes sure the lipstick application is smooth, and the liquid lipstick does not settle in cracks.
How to prep your lips?
- Start by exfoliating your lips to remove any dead skin cells. You can use a lip scrub or create your own by mixing sugar and honey on your lips.
- Once you've exfoliated your lips, apply a lip balm to moisturize and hydrate your lips.
- This step is crucial because liquid lipstick tends to be drying, and you don't want your lips to be dry and flaky.
Step 2: Line your lips
To ensure that your liquid lipstick stays in place all day, use a lip liner to outline your lips. This will prevent the lipstick from bleeding and give you a crisp, defined edge.
How to line your lips?
- Using a lip liner, outline your lips. This step will help prevent the liquid lipstick from bleeding or smudging.
- When choosing a lip liner, select a shade that matches your natural lip color or the color of your liquid lipstick.
- Start with the cupid's bow on the top lip and slowly bring the lip liner to the sides.
- Similarly, start with the center of the bottom lip, making your way to the outer corners.
Step 3: Apply the liquid lipstick
Liquid lipstick can be tricky to apply, so take your time and use it with precision. Pay close attention to this step if you are wondering How to apply lipstick perfectly for beginners.
How to apply liquid lipstick?
- Using the applicator wand, apply the liquid lipstick to your lips.
- Start at the center of your lips and work your way outwards.
- It's best to apply a thin layer of liquid lipstick and build up the color as needed.
- Liquid lipstick tends to dry quickly, so work quickly and carefully to avoid mistakes.
Step 4 - Choose the correct shade for your Indian skin tone
When selecting a liquid lipstick for Indian skin, it's essential to consider your skin tone and undertones. Learn how to do that especially if you want to learn How to apply liquid lipstick for Beginners.
How to choose the correct shade for your Indian skin tone?
When it comes to liquid lipstick, it's crucial to choose a shade that complements your skin tone. Before jumping on to the lipstick shades matching your skin tone. Come across how to understand your Indian skin tone using various methods.
- Some popular shades that work well on Indian skin include deep reds, burgundy, berry, mauve, and nude shades with warm undertones.
- For a cool skin undertone, shades like deep reds, purple, berry hues, and plums work best.
- If you are on the hunt for liquid lipsticks that compliments your gorgeous Indian skin tone, we have a suggestion- Try De'Lanci Multicolor Aesthetics Matte Lipstick.
Step 5: Clean up any mistakes
If you make any mistakes while applying the liquid lipstick, don't worry! Gently clean up any smudges or mistakes around your lips to create a crisp, clean look.
How to clean up any mistakes?
- You can clean up any mistakes using micellar water. Use a Q-tip or a small makeup brush dipped in micellar water to clean them up.
- Remove the excess product or smudged lines by applying a Q-tip over it.
- You can review the mistakes using a concealer brush to get sharp edges and a sleek look.
Step 6: Let the liquid lipstick dry
Liquid lipsticks need time to settle. This is a crucial step and should not be skipped. By giving it some time to settle and dry down, the lipstick does not settle in the cracks and stays for long.
How to let the liquid lipstick dry properly?
- Once you've applied the liquid lipstick, let it dry for a few minutes.
- Liquid lipstick tends to dry quickly, so you won't have to wait too long.
- Avoid rubbing your lips together until the liquid lipstick is completely dry.
Step 7: Blot and set
We have arrived at the last step in How to apply liquid lipstick. By blotting the lipstick, you get rid of the excess product, and it also increases the staying power of the liquid lipstick.
- After applying your liquid lipstick, blot your lips with a tissue to remove any excess product.
- Then, use a setting powder to set the lipstick in place and prevent it from transferring.
- Gently dab the setting powder using a fluffy brush over the lipstick to set it in place. This is also a great tip if you want to know How to apply lipstick on dark lips.
6+ Pro Tips to Wear Liquid Lipstick
Now that you know How to Apply Liquid Lipstick on Indian Skin, we are not letting you go yet. Look at these fantastic tips to wear liquid lipsticks like a pro.
- Touch up as needed: Liquid lipstick is long-lasting, but it's always a good idea to touch up throughout the day, especially after eating or drinking. Keep your lipstick with you and reapply as needed.
- Remove gently: When it's time to remove your liquid lipstick, use a gentle makeup remover or oil-based cleanser to avoid drying out your lips. Gently massage the remover onto your lips and wipe away with a soft cloth or cotton pad.
- Avoid Touching Your Lips: To ensure your lipstick lasts as long as possible, avoid touching your lips throughout the day. Eating, drinking, and touching your lips can cause your lipstick to fade or smudge. If you need to touch up your lipstick, remove the old layer before applying a fresh coat.
- Create an ombre effect: To create an ombre effect with your lipstick, apply a darker shade to the outer corners of your lips and a lighter shade to the center of your lips. Then, blend the two shades together with a lip brush or finger.
- Use concealer as a lip primer: If you want your lipstick to last longer, you can use concealer as a lip primer. Simply apply a small concealer to your lips before applying your lipstick. This will create a smooth base and help your lipstick adhere better.
- Mix lipstick shades: If you want to create a custom shade of lipstick, mix two or more lipstick shades together. This will help you achieve a unique color that compliments your skin tone and personal style.
- Use lipstick as a blush: In a pinch, you can use your lipstick as a cream blush. Simply dab a small amount of lipstick onto your cheeks and blend it with your fingers. This will create a natural and cohesive look.