Who does not like a flawless face? While not all of us are blessed with clear glass-like skin, we can achieve the same look with the right makeup products. If you have been browsing the internet for hours typing How to hide dark spots on face with Makeup, you are in luck. We have covered everything you need to know about dark spots, their causes, and How to hide pigmentation on face with makeup. Are you excited to dive into this topic and uncover the secrets to get that supermodel glow? Let’s go!!
List of contents
- What are the causes of dark spots?
- Step by Step Process How to Hide dark spots on Face with Makeup
- Step 1-Prep your skin for makeup
- Step 2-Apply Primer all over your face
- Step 3-Use a color corrector concealer
- Step 4-Apply Foundation
- Step 5-Dab loose powder
- Wrapping up
What are the causes of dark spots?
Dark spots or hyperpigmentation is a common occurrence in Indian skin. It develops when certain areas of the skin produce an excess of melanin. Melanin is responsible for the color of the eyes, skin, and hair.
Although dark spots on the skin may be removed for cosmetic purposes, they are not a cause for concern and do not necessarily require treatment. Some types of hyperpigmentation are referred to as age spots or sunspots, depending on their underlying cause.
These dark spots can be seen on the face, hands, back, and shoulders and can happen because of the following reasons:
- Hormonal Patterns
- Sun Damage
- Medication side effects
- Wound Healing
Step by Step Process How to Hide dark spots on face with Makeup
Although dark spots are natural and in most cases fade away in 6 to 12 months, depending upon the medication and color of the spots, there are quick solutions to cover them. The magic here is makeup. There is a reason why the concealer market is booming. By choosing the right makeup product you can cover these stubborn dark spots seamlessly. Take this as your ultimate guide on How to hide dark spots on face with Makeup.
We have broken down the entire process into a step-by-step process to make it easier for you.
Let’s have a look!
Step 1 - Prep your skin for makeup
Makeup always starts with skincare. Make sure your skin is hydrated and clean before applying any makeup. This will make sure the makeup will look natural and will stay all day. In this tutorial on how to hide dark spots on the face with makeup, it is essential to learn how to prep the skin.
How to prep your skin for makeup?
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser followed by a toner and moisturizer.
- If it's daytime, do not forget to apply thick layers of sunscreen on your face.
- To treat dark spots, exfoliate your skin using a gentle exfoliator.
Step 2 - Apply Primer all over your face
Primer is an essential product if you wish to get smooth even skin. It gets settled in any indentation or scars giving you a smooth texture.
How to apply primer all over your face?
- Use a silicon-based primer on face skin to get rid of uneven skin texture.
- Take a pea-sized amount and apply it all over your face using your fingers.
- Let it sit for 1-2 minutes before using any other makeup product.
Step 3 - Use a color corrector concealer
Are you ready to learn How to cover dark spots with a color corrector? Great. Let’s get started. color corrector concealer works on neutralizing the color of dark spots, dark circles, or redness by using the opposite color on the color wheel.
How to use a color corrector concealer?
- In the process of how to hide dark spots on face with makeup, firstly it is necessary to understand the color of the dark spots. The dark spots are usually grey, blue or purple, so to neutralize the color, pick a peach color concealer.
- You can use a concealer brush or your fingertips to gently press the concealer on the dark spot.
- Use feather touch motion to blend the product into the skin. We personally love DE'LANCI Beauty Carver Concealer Palette as it includes 18 colors to fulfill all the makeup needs. There are 6 color-correcting shades that cover acne marks, dark circles, bruise marks, redness, or any other spots. You can also use this palette for applying foundation, eyeshadow base, cream blush, lip tint, and blush.
Step 4 - Apply foundation
The next step in our How to hide dark spots on face with Makeup guide is to know the correct way to apply foundation. If you want to know How to cover dark spots on face with foundation, this is the spot.
How to apply foundation?
- A lot of beginners apply foundation before concealer to cover hyperpigmentation. That only makes the makeup ashy and cakey.
- Take a beauty blender, or just your fingers to apply the foundation all over your face.
- Choose a foundation closest to your natural skin color for natural-looking makeup.
Step 5 - Dab loose powder
The loose powder makes sure in the process of How to hide dark spots on face with makeup when applying the concealer and powder does not crease and keep it from smudging. Use it after you have applied your concealer and foundation.
How to dab loose powder?
- Take a makeup puff and use it to apply loose powder on the areas where you applied concealer.
- Use a gentle pressing motion of the puff to apply the product onto your skin.
- Avoid swiping or back-and-forth movements. Our favorite loose powder is DE'LANCI Matte Loose Powder.
This brings us to the end of our guide on How to hide dark spots on face with Makeup. Remember dark spots or hyperpigmentation is natural there is nothing to be ashamed of. You are beautiful just the way you are. For days when you want to look extra pretty, there is always our DE'LANCI Beauty Carver Concealer Palette. If you liked this post, make sure to check out our Instagram & YouTube for the latest updates and exclusive deals.