Matte lipsticks have their meanders and get easily settled inside the fine lines. But, the trend for matte lipsticks is ongoing. The urge to wear matte lipstick is high, but the thought your lips will get too dry is also correct. So, to help you fight the challenges of applying matte lipstick and getting the required moisturization. Here, we are with a step-by-step process of how to apply matte lipstick without cracks. Before jumping on to the steps, we'll first understand matte lipsticks.
Table of Contents:
- What is matte lipstick?
- Step-by-Step Process for How to Apply Matte Lipstick without Cracks
- Step 1: Pre-lipstick Prep
- Step 2: Blot Off any Excess
- Step 3: Outline your Lips
- Step 4: Blend in the edges
- Step 5: Intensify the color
- Step 6: Clean up if any mistakes
- 5+ Pro Tips to Wear Matte Lipstick
- Remove Matte Lipstick Creamingly
- Use liquid lipstick to outline lips
- Fill the cracks
- Gloss for Intensification
- Use Foundation for precise application
- Say NO to too many layers
- Don't Erase Mistakes
- Use Natural Ingredients for Exfoliation
What is matte lipstick?
Matte lipstick is a lip cosmetic product with a long-lasting and smooth finish giving an enriched color. The matte lipstick became common for women to wear in the 1900s. But, now these are in-trend due to their drying effect which makes them a suitable choice for women in India.
Step-by-Step Process for How to Apply Matte Lipstick without Cracks
Dreaming of a fade-proof matte lipstick experience on Indian skin requires mastery of how to apply matte lipstick without cracks. But you don't need to stress as we are here to address with a step-by-step process:
Step 1: Pre-lipstick Prep
The first step in learning how to apply matte lipstick without cracks is exfoliation. The flaking lips are going to add trouble at the initial stage only. Your love for matte lipstick will diminish as no even application will be achieved on Indian skin.
How do pre-lipstick prep?
- Remove any product and pat your lips.
- In circular motions, exfoliate your lips with an old toothbrush or your favorite lip scrub.
- Clean your lips with water & pat dry again.
Step 2: Blot Off any Excess
The second step of how to apply matte lipstick without cracks is moisturization. Wearing matte lipstick for too long might dry your lips. So, a bit of greasiness is necessary for easy application of your fave matte nude lipstick shade.
How to blot off any excess?
- Apply sheer butter, or use desi ghee on your lips. You can easily be available in your kitchen.
- Pick a lip balm for your lips with the qualities of sunscreen.
- Gently wipe the excess lip balm from your lips with tissue paper.
Step 3: Outline your Lips
The third step of how to wear matte lipstick is outlining the lips. Following this step will give you a precise application even if you're a beginner. Lining the lips with matte lipstick is essential for a crisp outline with zero errors.
How do you outline your lips?
- At your lips, cupid's bow, draw an "X".
- From the top of the "X," start tracing each lip side from top to down to the corners of the lips.
- Trace from the center of the bottom lip line towards the corner of the lips.
Step 4: Blend in the edges
The fourth step of how to apply matte lipstick without cracks requires blending not to make your lipstick look rough. This step is the most crucial as we're almost near to learning the procedure of how to wear matte lipstick.
How to blend in the edges?
- With a lip brush's help, start smudging the outer edges of the lip line.
- For inner edges, smudge inwards for a seamless look.
- Make sure to properly smudge between a matte lipstick and lip line for a perfect look. Pick any lipstick shade from our DE'LANCI Aesthetics Matte Lipsticks set.
Step 5: Intensify the color
In this step, we'll learn how to use liquid lipstick to intensify lipstick color. To get sensational lipstick shade on Indian skin tone, let's see how to make matte lipstick creamy.
How to intensify the color?
- On a lipstick brush take the right amount of liquid lipstick.
- Apply the liquid lipstick on the bottom lip.
- Immediately press the bottom and top lips altogether.
Step 6: Clean up if any mistakes
Some say matte lipsticks are daunting as they dry quickly. They make more mistakes when applying matte lipstick in comparison to liquid. In the above step, we discuss how to apply liquid lipstick.
How to clean up if any mistakes?
- Look for any smears, spots, or clumsy lines on the lips.
- With a cotton bud toward your lips, wipe the untidy lipstick.
- Retouch the lipstick if in case required.
5+ Pro Tips to Wear Matte Lipstick
Applying matte lipstick without a mirror is a dream of many. Then, some people get confused thinking how to apply matte lipstick without lip liner. So, whether you follow the above steps accurately or not is advisable. But do follow the upcoming list of pro tips on how to apply matte lipstick without cracks on Indian skin tone.
1. Remove Matte Lipstick Creamingly
Matte lipsticks are hard to remove. So, use olive oil or coconut oil to remove lipstick. This hack will remove as well as nourish your lips.
2. Use liquid lipstick to outline lips
If you do not have a lip liner available. You can get your hands on your liquid lipstick to outline your lips. Now, you'll be thinking about how to apply matte lipstick without lip liner. But don't worry; with the help of a pointed tip, you can successfully do this.
3. Fill the cracks
Apply Foundation or lightweight concealer to fill any cracks or even your Indian skin tone. Doing so, you'll be able to sink into any fine lines.
4. Gloss for Intensification
If you don't have liquid lipstick available with you. Then, don't stress with the thought of how to apply liquid lipstick. You can take any gloss or lip oil to intensify the lipstick color.
5. Use Foundation for precise application
How to do matte lipstick without lip liner? Don't stress; not having a lip liner won't stop you from wearing matte lipstick. You can use Foundation in place of lip liner.
6. Say NO to too many layers
Matte lipsticks are pigmented and don't require to be applied repeatedly. If you do, your lipstick will look textured, i.e., uneven or cracked.
7. Don't Erase Mistakes
If you've made any mistake while applying matte lipstick, then instead of erasing, conceal them. We recommend using our DE'LANCI Beauty Carver Concealer Palette.
8. Use Natural Ingredients for Exfoliation
Treat uneven and dark lips with 1tsp of honey & a few drops of lemon. Apply the blend, keep it for 10-15 mins, and see amazing results.
We hope you've successfully learned the whole process of how to apply matte lipstick without cracks. If you're a beginner, always choose the desired matte lipstick matching your outfit in advance. Shop our DE'LANCI Aesthetics Matte Lipsticks set and practice what you've learned in this blog on how to apply matte lipstick without cracks. Let us know which step of wearing matte lipstick you found easy in the comments below.💄✨