Blush is essential to any makeup routine and can help add a beautiful pinkish color to your cheeks. However, choosing the right shade and applying it properly can be tricky, especially for Indian skin tones. Here, we'll discuss tips and tricks for applying blush on Indian skin to achieve a natural and flattering look. From learning how to apply blush on indian skin to decoding how to apply blush over 40, we'll cover everything you need to know about applying blush on Indian skin.
List of contents
- 5 Steps for How to Apply Blush Properly on Indian Skin
- Step 1- Start with a hydrated skin
- Step 2 - Apply the base makeup
- Step 3 - Apply blush the correct way
- Step 4 - Dab the excess
- Step 5 - Seal the makeup
- 6+ Pro Tips While Applying Blush on Skin
- Choose the correct shade of blush
- Pick the right blush formula
- Follow your face shape
- Blending is the key
- Cover up excess blush
- Layer for long-lasting power
- Mature Face needs extra love
- Wrapping up
5 Steps for How to Apply Blush Properly on Indian Skin
It’s time to learn how to apply blush and the learnings in your daily makeup routine. Remember, practice makes perfect, so be patient and absorb these steps in your daily makeup routine.
Step 1 - Start with a hydrated skin
A lot of makeup beginners tend to prepare their skin. It does not matter whether you are 14 or 40; always apply your makeup on a moisturized and freshly cleansed face. This is the best trick to get flawless makeup every time.
How to keep your skin hydrated?
- Cleanse your face with a mild cleanser and either leave it to air dry or pat it dry using a microfibre towel.
- Apply a calming toner on your face to eliminate puffiness and redness.
- Apply a thick layer of moisturizer all over your face and neck and leave it for a few seconds before putting on any makeup product.
Step 2 - Apply the base makeup
The next step in our guide on How to Apply Blush is to do your base makeup before putting on blush. Remember, the key here is to apply shades of foundation and concealer that are closest to your natural skin tone. This will give your face a natural finish.
How to apply the base makeup?
- Apply your foundation using your fingers or a makeup sponge on the face. Make sure the shade is closest to your natural skin color.
- Take your favorite concealer and apply it under your eyes and any imperfections. Use a concealer brush to blend the product.
- If you want a more sunkissed glow, apply bronzer on your forehead, below the cheekbone, and jawline.
Step 3 - Apply blush the correct way
If you want rosy cheeks with a perfect touch, we have the proper technique for you. It is essential to learn How to Apply blush the correct way to look radiant and youthful.Learn the art of applying blush according to your face shape and skin tone.
How to apply blush the correct way?
- If you use a powder blush, gently swipe the blush across your cheeks using a fluffy brush.
- Use your fingers to blend the brush into your skin for cream and liquid blushes.
- The placement of the blush can be a game changer. For example, apply the blush upwards towards your temples if you have a round face or fuller cheeks.
- If you have a square face, apply the blush in a circular motion on the apples of your cheeks.
Pro Tip - Powder formulas work for oily skin, and cream and liquid formulas as these are ideal for dry and normal skin.
Step 4 - Dab the excess product
You can control the intensity of the blush by removing the excess product. Sometimes the blush is highly pigmented and blending is not of much help. You can still save your makeup from going down the drain. How to do that without ruining your makeup? Let's figure it out.
How to dab the excess product?
- If you want to soften your blush without disturbing your base makeup, press a tissue or blotting paper against your cheeks.
- The excess product will transfer to the paper.
- Swipe a clean fluffy brush across your cheeks to dab the excessive blush. This will give you a natural look.
Step 5 - Seal the makeup
We have arrived at the last stop on our How to apply blush journey. It is time to seal the makeup and make sure the blush stays put throughout.
How to seal the makeup?
- After you have applied your blush on your face, spritz makeup setting sprays all over your face.
- This will ensure the makeup will stay intact for hours.
- Make sure to spray it evenly on your face.
- Carry the spray with you for a quick touch-up.
6+ Pro Tips While Applying Blush on Skin
Here are some practical tips you should know if you want to learn How to apply blush naturally:
- Choose the correct shade of blush: Choosing the right shade of blush is crucial for a natural and flattering look. Pick the color that suits your skin tone.
- Pick the right blush formula: Powder blushes work well for oily skin types, while cream blushes are great for dry skin types. If you have combination skin, you can use powder and cream blushes.
- Follow your face shape: Applying blush according to your face shape can help enhance your features and create a more balanced look.
- Blending is the key: A fluffy brush will help you apply the blush evenly and blend it well. Tap off any excess product before applying it to your cheeks.
- Cover up excess blush: After applying the blush, set it with a tissue to remove any excess product and prevent it from smudging or fading throughout the day.
- Layer for long-lasting power: Add a cream blush and add a thin layer of powder blush on top of it; believe us, your blush will last all day.
- Mature face needs extra love: If you are wondering Where to apply blush on a mature face, here is the answer- smile and apply the blush on the lifted cheekbones.
There you go with the ultimate Blush Guide on How to apply blush. We’ve discussed the right formulation and techniques to apply blush so that you always look lovely. Our hero product DE'LANCI Double-headed Blush Stick is designed for Indian skin tones. If you found this post helpful, be sure to check out our Instagram & YouTube for more awesome beauty content.