If you're on a quest for that radiant and luminous complexion, you've likely heard about highlighter. It's the beauty industry's best-kept secret for adding a touch of glow to your face. It accentuates your features, and gives you a youthful look. But with the vast array of highlighters available, it's essential to understand the subtleties of Liquid Highlighter vs. Powder Highlighter. In this entertaining post, we'll dive into the distinctive qualities of liquid and powder highlighters. Get ready to learn when to use liquid and powder highlighter to achieve the perfect glow.
Table of contents:
- What is Highlighter
- What is Liquid Highlighter
- What is powder Highlighter
- Difference between liquid highlighter and powder highlighter
- When to use liquid highlighter
- When to use powder highlighter
- Wrapping up
What is Highlighter?
Highlighters are the makeup product used to add luminosity and brightness to specific areas of the face. It is applied to create a radiant and glowy appearance. By applying highlighters, one gets a chance to create a youthful look. It comes in various forms like liquid, powder, and cream. Going further we’ll explain to you the difference between liquid highlighter vs. powder highlighter.
What is Liquid Highlighter?
Liquid highlighter is a liquid form of highlighter that is lightweight and easily blendable for a luminous glow to the skin. It is packed in a tube or a small bottle with a pump dispenser or dropper. It is applied on the face to enhance the brow bones, cupid’s bow, and cheekbones. Its lightweight texture seamlessly blends with your foundation or moisturizer, providing a subtle, lit-from-within glow. Using liquid highlighter you add radiance, a healthy glow, and dimension to the skin. Going ahead you’ll learn about powder highlighter vs liquid highlighter. Roll your eyes here to learn how to apply highlighter with 8 steps for Indian skin.
What is Powder Highlighter?
Powder highlighter is a powder highlighter finely milled in a compact, consisting of dry pigments applied with a brush. It delivers a striking, high-shine finish that catches the light and creates a luminous glow. Its buildable nature allows you to control the level of luminosity, making it perfect for a bolder and more glamorous look.
Difference between Liquid Highlighter and Powder Highlighter
With the basics out of the way, it is time to understand the differentiation between Liquid Highlighter vs. Powder Highlighter on various parameters.
1. Texture and Finish:
- Liquid highlighter grants a dewy and natural finish, effortlessly providing a subtle glow that resembles the skin's innate radiance.
- Powder highlighter leaves a more pronounced, shimmery effect on the skin, producing a luminous and noticeable shine.
- Liquid highlighter is best applied with fingertips or a damp makeup sponge, enabling seamless blending into your foundation or moisturizer.
- Powder Highlighter can be applied with a fluffy brush for precise application. The powder gets tapped onto the skin, allowing full coverage and easy control of the intensity.
3. Skin Type:
- Liquid highlighter suits various skin types, particularly dry or mature skin, as its hydrating properties add a healthy glow while providing moisture.
- Powder highlighter works well for oily or combination skin, as its matte texture aids in controlling shine.
When to Use Liquid Highlighters?
Liquid Highlighters are a good option for everyday makeup look. As they are easily blendable and give the effortless application in one go. It keeps the skin moisturizing for a long while adding a subtle glow. Here are 3 more ways you can use Liquid Highlighter:
1. To Get Daily Natural Radiance:
- Liquid highlighter is the best choice for your everyday natural makeup looks for Indian skin that will last all day. It gives you a natural and subtle glow with just a small amount.
- Apply it to the high points of your face, such as cheekbones, brow bones, and the bridge of your nose, to achieve a youthful and dewy look.
2. To Mixup With Foundation:
- Mix a few drops of liquid highlighter into your base product to enhance your foundation and create an overall luminous complexion.
- This trick adds a radiant finish, giving your skin a healthy and glowing appearance.
3. To Get Hydration Boost:
- A liquid highlighter can provide an instant hydration boost if you're dealing with dry or lackluster skin.
- Apply a small amount to areas that need an extra touch of glow, and enjoy the rejuvenating effects.
When to Use Powder Highlighter?
Powder Highlighters are the best choice if you are going out for a special occasion. As powder highlighters enhance your features, creating a beautiful, defined glow. Overall, it enhances the bone structure and gives a matte finish. Here are 3 more ways where you can use powder highlighter:
1. In Humid Environments:
- Powder highlighter is an ideal choice in Summer or Humid environment as it controls excess oil.
- It has better staying power, minimizing the risk of melting or sliding off the face.
- It’s powder formulation controls shine and provides a matte finish.
2. For Contouring and Sculpting:
- The powder highlighter is also ideal for contouring and sculpting your face.
- Use it to accentuate your cheekbones, temples, and the center of your forehead, adding dimension and definition to your overall look.
- The light-reflecting properties of powder highlighter can help create the illusion of higher cheekbones and a more sculpted face.
3. For Longevity and Oil Control:
- For those with oily skin types, a powder highlighter can be a game-changer.
- Its matte texture helps absorb excess oil throughout the day, keeping your skin looking fresh and shine-free for more extended periods.
- If you're attending an event or spending hours outdoors, a powder highlighter can help maintain your glow without the unwanted greasy appearance.
- Liquid highlighter offers a natural, dewy finish, perfect for everyday wear and achieving a subtle glow.
- A powder highlighter provides a more intense shine, making it ideal for special occasions and those seeking a glamorous look.
- In the debate of liquid highlighter vs. powder highlighter, powder highlighters can be layered easily over makeup products like blush. Whereas, liquid highlighter is applied before the foundation.
- Powder highlighters are travel buddies as they are compact and convenient for touch-ups. On the other hand, liquid highlighters do not require any brush to be applied. Anyone can apply liquid highlighter using their hands or a sponge.
- Ultimately, the decision of liquid highlighter vs. powder highlighter depends on your personal preferences, skin type, and the desired effect you wish to achieve.
We hope you’ve understood the difference between Liquid Highlighter and Powder Highlighter. As a token of advice, pick the highlighter that suits your skin type, occasion, and weather. But, remember both of them equally enhance the natural beauty. If you’re a beginner, don’t stress much about liquid highlighter vs. powder highlighter, pick De'Lanci Dual-ended Highlighter Stick. It is convenient and has various other features. Do share in the comments which kind of highlighter you prefer based on your skin type.