Mother's Day is a special occasion to celebrate and honor the most important women in our lives - our mothers. It's a day to show our appreciation and love for all the sacrifices they've made. Let’s make this day even more special by introducing mothers day makeup looks. As Indian moms have always prioritized their responsibilities rather than their beauty. So, here we are with special Mother’s day makeup looks.
Table of contents
- What is Mother’s Day and Why is it Celebrated?
- Top 6 Mother’s day Makeup Looks for Indian Moms in 2023
- Natural Glow Makeup Look
- Subtle Glam Makeup Look
- 90s Grunge Makeup Look
- Bold and Beautiful Makeup Look
- Mermaid Makeup Look
- Ethnic Charm Makeup Look
- 7+ Pro tips to wear mother’s day makeup look
- Don’t miss out on primer
- Apply makeup in thin layers
- Use a business card to prevent mascara smudges
- Use a spoon to prevent mascara from getting on your eyelids
- Use a matte eyeshadow to fill in eyebrows
- Hide the dark circles correctly
- Use the right tools
- Highlight your best features
- Wrapping up
What is Mother’s Day and Why is it Celebrated?
Mother's Day is a holiday that honors mothers and motherhood. It is celebrated annually in many countries worldwide, usually on the second Sunday in May. The day is meant to recognize and appreciate the sacrifices that mothers make to raise their children.
The modern Mother's Day holiday was created by Anna Jarvis, who wanted to honor her mother, who had been a peace activist during the Civil War and had worked to promote motherhood and childcare.
Top 6 Mother’s day Makeup Looks for Indian Moms in 2023
If you want your mother to feel like a million bucks this Mother’s Day, then this is your ultimate Mother’s Day beauty guide. These fantastic mothers day makeup looks are a perfect gift to your selfless mother. Let’s get into it!
1. Natural Glow Makeup Look
The first look on our list of mothers day makeup looks is Natural Glow Makeup Look. This natural makeup look is perfect for everyday wear and suitable for almost every Indian skin tone. It focuses on enhancing your natural features and creating a fresh, dewy complexion.
How to Get Natural Glow Makeup Look?
Step 1: Start by applying a tinted moisturizer all over your face using your fingertips or a foundation brush. This will provide light coverage and even out your skin tone.
Step 2: Use a concealer to cover any blemishes or dark circles under your eyes.
Step 3: Apply cream blush to the apples of your cheeks using your fingers or a small blush brush. Blend it well for a natural look.
Step 4: Apply a small amount of highlighter from DE'LANCI Dual-ended Highlighter Stick in the shade Cream, to the high points of your face and blend well.
Step 5: Finish the look with a tinted lip balm for a natural pop of color.
2. Subtle Glam Makeup Look
This Subtle Glam Makeup Look is perfect for a night out or a special occasion. It uses a combination of neutral and dark eyeshadow shades to create a sultry and dramatic effect. It is probably the easiest look on our list of mothers day makeup looks.
How to get the Subtle Glam Makeup Look?
Step 1: Start by applying an eyeshadow primer to your eyelids to ensure that your eyeshadow stays in place and doesn't crease.
Step 2: Apply an earthy coral eyeshadow shade all over your lid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
Step 3: Apply a dark eyeshadow shade to the outer corner of your eye, and blend well.
Step 4: Use a small pencil brush to smudge the dark eyeshadow along your lower lash line. Apply eyeliner to your upper lash line, making it thicker towards the outer corner of your eye.
Step 5: Finish the look by applying nude lip color from the DE’LANCI Aesthetics Matte Lipsticks on the lips.
3. 90s Grunge Makeup Look
90s Grunge makeup look typically features a more natural, effortless look, so you don't need to worry about a flawless finish for your Indian skin tone. This makeup look is inspired by the grunge music scene of the 1990s. It features dark, smoky eyes, matte skin, and bold lips.
How to get the 90s Grunge Makeup Look?
Step 1: Start by applying a matte foundation on the face with medium coverage.
Step 2: Next, apply the shade Land from DE'LANCI 9 Colors Leopard Nude Eyeshadow Palette to your eyelids, blending it outwards and upwards towards the crease.
Step 3: Use a fluffy eyeshadow brush to blend the color out for a soft, smoky effect.
Step 4: Apply the shade Coffee from the same palette along your upper lash line, creating a thin line that gradually gets thicker towards the outer corner of your eye. Smudge the eyeliner with a smudging brush or your fingertip to create a slightly smudged, grunge look.
Step 5: Apply a coat of black mascara to your upper and lower lashes.
Step 6: Apply matte, dark lipstick to your lips. Deep reds, browns, and burgundies were popular in the 90s grunge era.
4. Bold and Beautiful Makeup Look
One of our favorite mothers day makeup looks is this Bold and Beautiful look. This makeup look is about making a bold lip color statement. It pairs well with minimal eye makeup and a natural complexion.
How to get the Bold and Beautiful Makeup Look?
Step 1: Start by applying a tinted moisturizer all over your face using your fingertips or a foundation brush. Use a concealer to cover any blemishes or dark circles under your eyes.
Step 2: Apply cream blush such as DE'LANCI Double-headed Blush Stick in the shade Shy to the apples of your cheeks using your fingers or a small brush. Blend it well for a natural look.
Step 3: Apply a small amount of highlighter to the areas of your face where the light hits.
Step 4: Use an eyebrow pencil to fill your eyebrows and give them a defined shape. Apply mascara to your upper and lower lashes.
Step 5: Finish the look by applying bold lipstick in your favorite shade to the lips.
5. Mermaid Makeup Look
This Mermaid Makeup Look is inspired by the colors and textures of the ocean. It features blues, greens, and purples, as well as a shimmery highlighter and scales drawn on the face. It is for those mother-daughter duo who want to try fun mothers day makeup looks.
How to get the Mermaid Makeup Look?
Step 1: Prime your eyelids with an eyeshadow primer and apply any warm brown shade on your eyelid. Let it sit for a while.
Step 2: Take the color Sky from DE'LANCI 9 Colors Dolphin Teal eyeshadow palette and apply it all over the eyelid.
Step 3: Next, apply the same shade on the inner corner of your eyes and on the lower lash line and blend using your fingers.
Step 4: Apply two coats of your favorite mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
Step 5: Finish the look with a red lip tint.
6. Ethnic Charm Makeup Look
The last look in our list of mothers day makeup looks is the Ethnic Charm Makeup look. An Indian mom who wants to embrace her cultural roots can opt for an ethnic makeup look. This look features traditional Indian makeup elements like kohl-rimmed eyes, a bindi, and bold lip color.
How to get the Ethnic Charm Makeup Look?
Step 1: Prime your face using a primer and then apply foundation and concealer on the face.
Step 2: The look asks for koh-rimmed eyes so go ahead and apply your favorite kajal on upper and lower lashes.
Step 3: Take DE'LANCI Double-ended Contouring Stick in the shade Brown and apply it on your jawline, and on the hollows of your cheeks. Blend it well with a blending brush.
Step 4: This is the time to bring out your favorite red lipstick. Apply it on the lips generously.
Step 5: Finish the look with a bindi on your forehead and you are done.
7+ Pro Tips to Wear Mother’s day Makeup Look
We don’t just limit this blog with mothers day makeup looks but we’ve all the cool 8 tips for wrinkles, fine lines, changes in the skin tone and much more.
- Don’t miss out on primer: Use fluorescent light diffusers for a soft effect that will reduce wrinkles and lines. This will make your makeup look smooth and fresh.
- Apply makeup in thin layers: Less product to settle into the wrinkles and the fine lines. First, start applying foundation and then start using concealer.
- Use a business card to prevent mascara smudges: Hold a business card behind your lashes while applying mascara to prevent it from getting on your eyelids or under-eye area.
- Use a spoon to prevent mascara from getting on your eyelids: Hold a spoon above your eyelid while applying mascara to your lashes. This will prevent the mascara from getting on your eyelids.
- Use a matte eyeshadow to fill in eyebrows: If you don't have an eyebrow pencil or gel, use a matte eyeshadow that matches your hair color to fill in your eyebrows.
- Hide the dark circles correctly: For red dark circles use a yellow or green corrector, for purple or brown dark circles use an orange corrector and for blue dark circles use a peach color corrector or pink corrector for light dark circles.
- Use the right tools: Investing in good quality makeup brushes and sponges can make a big difference in how your makeup looks. Use a brush or sponge to blend your foundation, concealer, and other products for a flawless finish.
- Highlight your best features: Use makeup to highlight your best features, such as your eyes, cheekbones, or lips. For example, use a highlighter on the high points of your face to make them stand out.