Indian festive season is here. And its time to glam up and look your best. From festivals like Christmas, New Year, and Lohri to attending weddings of cousins, siblings, and friends we have everything lined up! With all the festivities and wedding bells, you are meant to look glamorous in an Indian festive makeup look. Here in this makeup academy chapter 5, we will learn how to do an Indian festive makeup look. You can refer to our makeup academy chapter 1 for the basic makeup for beginners.
Table of Contents:
- Step by Step Guide on Creating Indian Festive Makeup Looks
- Step 1: Prep your face
- Step 2: Do the eye makeup
- Step 3: Apply Foundation and Concealer
- Step 4: Do the Contouring
- Step 5: Apply Blush
- Step 6: Highlight Facial Features
- Step 7: Apply Lipstick
- Step 8: Spritz Makeup Setting Spray
- 4 Popular Indian Festive Makeup Looks
- Metallic Eye and Lips Makeup
- Casual Indian Festive Makeup Look
- Glam Festive Makeup Look
- Smokey Eye With Subtle Face Makeup
- Wrapping up
Step by Step Guide on Creating Indian Festive Makeup Looks
Before we start with the actual steps, let’s see what essential makeup staples you need for creating that glamorous Indian festive makeup look. With these products, you can be the daily soap (TV Serial) actress in the festive and wedding season.
Essential Festive Makeup Staples
Festivals and weddings are to get ready with all the shimmers and glitters. Not too much, but just the right amount of glitter can make you look like “Pari from the Swarg!” Here are our recommendations for makeup product staples you’ll need to create a festive makeup look:
- De’Lanci La Catrina 54 Color Eyeshadow Palette
- De’Lanci Pressed Glitter Eyeshadow Palette
- De’Lanci La Catrina Liquid Glitter Eyeliner Pens
- De’Lanci Highlighter Stick
- De’Lanci Blusher Stick / Maelstrom Blusher and Highlighter Palette
- De’Lanci Contouring Stick
- De’Lanci Multicolor Liquid Concealer
- De’Lanci Multi-Color Aesthetic Matte Lipstick
- De’Lanci Matte Loose Powder
Now, let’s start with the tutorial without any delay!
Step 1: Prep your face
The very first in the makeup is prepping your face. Cleanse, hydrate, and moisturize your face properly before starting the makeup application. Apply sunscreen and primer, to protect your skin and give it an even base for the further process.
Step 2: Do the eye makeup
Once you have prepped your face, let’s move with the eye makeup. Here, we will do the eye makeup first, so that we can clear up any mess or product fallout. The festive eye makeup look has all the glitters it can hold onto. For the first step will be deciding the eyeshadow look you want to go for. You can take inspiration from the below examples or decide as per your outfit.
- Apply concealer to eyelids for even skin tone and canvas to work on!
- Pick the base shade and apply it all over the eyelid.
- Pick the darker shade and apply it to the outer corner, then blend it well.
- Now, it's time for the transition shade. Apply it to the middle part and blend it well.
- Then, take the shimmer shade and apply to the inner corner and blend it into the middle of the eyelid.
- Select the glitter shade and tap it on the eyelids with your finger.
- Lastly, apply glitter eyeliner, mascara, and kajal to finish the look.
If not this and you want something more dramatic, read these guides on how to apply glitter eyeshadow and how to apply cut-crease eyeshadow.
Step 3: Apply Foundation and Concealer
After completing the Indian festive eye makeup look, clear out the mess (if any), and move ahead with the base.
- Use De’lanci Concealer Multifunction Palette to hide all the dark spots and circles.
- Blend it well with a sponge.
- Take foundation as per your skin tone and apply it in dots on the face.
- Blend it well with the foundation brush or beauty blender.
Step 4: Do the Contouring
Next up is contouring. There are different types of contours available in the market, but the one that makes it is the contouring stick. Here’s how to contour for beginners. Contour your face and define it well. Why? Because a defined and chiseled face looks much better than the plain one.
Step 5: Apply Blush
It’s time to add some color to your face and life. Yes, it’s blush time. You can either use powder blush or the blusher stick to apply, whichever you are comfortable with! In our next chapter, we will learn how to apply blush for beginners. As for the De’lanci blush stick, it is simple:
- Open the cap.
- Swipe the blusher in the correct places
- Blend with the brush on another side.
- And you’re done with the blusher!
Step 6: Highlight Facial Features
After blusher, apply a highlighter for a glam look. You can use both palette and stick. The easier one is the stick, however, if you are new to using stick makeup products, it’s better you pick the palette. In makeup academy chapter 4, we learned how to apply highlighter like a professional.
Step 7: Apply Lipstick
Now, apply the lipstick palette. Pick the shade as per your eye makeup look. If you have gone with the bold and extra-dramatic look, pick the nude or light lipstick shade. As for the lipstick type, go for the matte. However, if you have just gone with a light-glittered eye makeup look, pick the glossy and bold lipstick color.
Step 8: Spritz Makeup Setting Spray
This is the last step of creating an Indian festive makeup look. What is it? The setting spray. Spritzing the makeup setting spray is the last step for every makeup look. Setting spray will help your makeup to stay as it is for hours and make you look mesmerizing till the function last!
4 Popular Indian Festive Makeup Looks
1. Metallic Eye and Lips Makeup
Keep your face makeup subtle and add a metallic hint to your eyes and lips. You can use our Chameleon Liquid Eyeshadow to create this look. This one’s ideal for festivities and wedding functions like sangeet, Mehendi, or reception.
2. Casual Indian Festive Makeup Look
If you are looking for an Indian festive makeup look for Janmasthmi or Navratri, try this one. It is not too bold, shimmery, or glittery. It has a balance of everything. The smokey eyeshadow and picks lips are going well together.
3. Glam Festive Makeup Look
If you have the perfect set of lips and it’s your accentuating facial feature, without any thinking go for red lipstick from Aesthetics Matte Lipsticks. As for face makeup, keep everything light and highlighting. The mascara and eyeliner will do wonders to complete this Glam look.
4. Smokey Eye With Subtle Face Makeup
Another option for Indian festive makeup looks is this one. Go with the smokey eye makeup look and purple lips for a great appearance. Don’t forget to add color to the lower lash line and lash extensions for the final look.
With this, I would like to put an end to our makeup academy chapter 5 - how to create a festive makeup look. In this article, you read about creating amazing makeup looks and makeup inspirations. What else do you need? For more beauty blogs, makeup video tutorials, and other makeup products in India, check De’Lanci India.