Did you know? Many beginners don’t know the difference between a foundation and a concealer, as both look the same. So, as a rule of thumb, concealer is thicker than foundation, and it is advisable to apply it on top of the foundation. Concealer will then cover dark circles, blemishes, hyperpigmentation, and acne marks more effectively. Moreover, Indian skin is textured and has a lot of melanin. It is sensitive to sun exposure and has orange undertones. Using the right concealer is crucial to get a perfect makeup look. In this blog, you will learn How to apply concealer.
Table of Contents
- Step by Step Guide for How to Apply Concealer on Indian Skin
- Step 1- Prep your skin
- Step 2-Using the correct primer
- Step 3-Color correct your imperfections
- Step 4-Using the right shade of concealer
- Step 5-Right way to apply and blend
- Step 6- Set your concealer
- 7 Concealer Pro Tips You need to Know
- Wrapping up
Step by Step Guide for How to Apply Concealer on Indian Skin
Using the proper technique to apply concealer will step up your makeup game. So, we have broken the entire process of ''how to apply concealer'' into small bite-sized steps. Have a look!
Step 1- Prep your skin
The first thing you should remember is to prep your skin. Develop a skincare regimen that suits your skin type and stick to it religiously. Try exfoliating your skin gently & begin with the tutorial on how to apply concealer.
Prep skin for a smoother complexion!
- Wash your face using a gentle cleanser, and apply toner and moisturizer on slightly damp skin.
- This regime will make sure the products are adequately absorbed into your skin.
Step 2- Using the correct primer
The next step in learning how to apply concealer is applying primer. This step plays an important role as it blurs the pores & decreases oil production. You only need a primer that too of a pea size amount.
- Take a silicon-free primer for a dewy look.
- Apply the product on your nose, forehead, and chin first.
- Use your fingers to blend the product into your skin.
- Make sure it reduces the redness & boosts radiance
Step 3- Color correct your imperfections
There are several ways to learn and practice ''how to apply concealer on face''. If you want to hide hyperpigmentation, use a blue color corrector on the problem areas. This step will give you perfect skin making it look more flawless. Also, this step holds a great significance in the learning of how to apply concealer on face.
Colors can hide skin imperfections too!
- Use an orange color corrector to hide dark circles.
- Take a concealer brush to blend the product into the skin.
Step 4- Using the correct shade of concealer
Pick the shade of concealer that matches your skin tone to cover the dark circles and acne stars. The important point you need to keep in mind is that the concealer should have two shades. One lighter and the other one darker.
Applying concealer is just like art!
- Pick a concealer that is a couple of shades lighter and apply it under the eyes.
- Apply it on the forehead and on the cupid's bow to highlight.
Step 5- Right way to apply and blend
If you are starting your makeup journey, you need to understand your makeup needs to look flawless.
There are various ways to blend concealer. This step hides all the blemishes & gives extra coverage. But, one needs to master the art of blending & coverage.
Blending gives a perfect look!
- For a natural look, blend the concealer with your fingers or a beauty blender.
- If you are at an intermediate or professional level, you can use a small concealer brush to apply and blend.
Pro Tip - Make sure to use bouncing, light, or tapping motions
Step 6- Set your concealer with loose powder
Just learning how to apply concealer is not enough. You need to make sure it sets perfectly. Doing this step will give you a flawless finish. We recommend using De'Lanci Matte Loose Powder which is easy to apply.
Perfect finish with a loose powder!
- You can use a makeup cushion or a fluffy brush to apply loose powder to set the concealer in place.
- Take a fluffy brush and wipe the excess product from your face. This helps prevent the concealer from settling in the creases of the face.
7 Concealer Pro Tips You need to Know
Now that you know how to apply concealer on Indian skin, it is time we impart valuable tips to make your concealer look flawless. Have a look!
- If you are going to apply makeup during the daytime, apply a thick layer of sunscreen under your makeup. This will keep your skin protected from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- Do not buy a concealer that is a lot lighter than your skin tone. The philosophy behind makeup is to enhance your naturally gorgeous face; it should not be used to hide your natural skin tone to fit inside the orthodox mold of beauty.
- Use a damp beauty blender to blend your concealer correctly.
- A little product goes a long way. Apply a tiny amount first and blend it well. More product does not mean more coverage.
- Do your research and choose the concealer that suits your skin type and texture.
- If your concealer is getting oxidized, you are probably using a lot of product or the wrong shade for your undertone.
This was our take on how to apply concealer for our Indian beauties. We have done a lot of research before putting this blog up. Invest in a De’Lanci Beauty Carver Concealer Contour Multifunction Palette that matches your skin tone. You can check out our Instagram and Youtube pages to learn about making this makeup tutorial.